This seminar will discuss current infection prevention recommendations focused on the key principles pertaining to the clinical hub if patient care, instrument reprocessing and sterilization of patient care items. Attendees will review six key elements of compliance included in the 2016 CDC Summary for infection control and prevention while learning strategies to assist you in maximizing safety and efficiency of instrument processing.
Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Realize the value of the 2016 CDC Summary and Resource Guide
- Apply the Standard for infection control to instrument processing and sterilization
- Recognize best practices for instrument management
- Identify opportunities for improved compliance in a community health dental clinic
- Apply the joint commission Standards for infection control to instrumentreprocessing and sterilization