Wisconsin Primary Health Care Association (WPHCA) - VIP Portal
Dear WPHCA Members,
Welcome to the Value in Purchasing (ViP) Portal. This simple yet informative web page is designed to help you learn more about our partnership with Community Health Ventures (CHV) and the National Association of Community Health Centers’ (NACHC) Value in Purchasing (ViP) Program. As you know, the Wisconsin Primary Health Care Association’ (WPHCA) has always strived to develop partnerships with organizations that bring value to our membership here in Wisconsin. We strongly believe that our partnership with CHV and NACHC continues these ongoing efforts. We encourage you to take a few minutes to review this ViP portal and learn about the program and the benefits it provides to health centers across the state and to WPHCA as well. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your ViP representatives below.
Thank you for your interest in WPHCA’s ViP program.
For more information about the ViP Program, please click on the links below:
The Value in Purchasing (ViP) program is the only national group purchasing program endorsed by the National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC). The program is simple and user-friendly. In most cases, Health Centers will start experiencing savings immediately.
- Savings on Average of 18%-38%
- No Membership Fees
- No Contractual Obligation
- Streamline Ordering
- User Friendly Features
- Ease of Use and Implementation
Products and Services Including, but not limited to:
- Medical Supplies
- Office Supplies
- Printing/Promotional Services
- Telecommunication Support and Services
- Capital Equipment
- Emergency Preparedness
- Eco-Friendly and Green Products
- NACHC has leveraged the national purchasing power of health centers to negotiate discounted prices for products and services used on a day-to-day basis.
- Over 700 health centers are enrolled in the program and it has saved millions over the past few years.
- Take advantage of over 1,100 cost-saving contracts, including Medical Supplies, Capital Equipment, and Office Supplies.
- Take advantage of better CHC-tiered contract pricing negotiated exclusively by ViP from companies like BD, Welch Allyn, TIDI Products, and Quidel.
- Work with your choice of 64 medical distributors, including Cardinal Health, Henry Schein, Physician Sales and Service (PSS), and McKesson.
ViP’s group purchasing organization (GPO) partner – Provista – manages ViP’s portfolio of over 1,100 contracts for community health centers, making ViP the largest health center-focused GPO in the country. Provista, through its many affiliations, represents about $43 billion in annual dollar volume. How does our volume affect health centers? Because the greater the dollar volume and the larger the product portfolio, the deeper the discounts we can negotiate.
National Purchasing Power, Local Support
Support those who support you!
ViP is the only national group purchasing program endorsed by both the National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) and WPHCA. Everyone benefits! ViP saves health centers money and supports the organization supporting health centers in Wisconsin.
- Supports WPHCA: ViP pays WPHCA an administrative fee based on a fixed percentage of purchases that come through the ViP portfolio. This is considered unrestricted revenue. WPHCA is able to use this revenue for any part of its operation, including advocacy
- Deep Discounts: Through ViP, health centers have access to national group purchasing discounts that save health centers an average of 18% on their supplies.
- Supports NACHC: ViP pays NACHC an administrative fee based on a fixed percentage of purchases that come through the ViP portfolio. This is considered unrestricted revenue. NACHC is able to use this revenue for any part of its operation, including advocacy.
In short, as all health centers benefit from the work that NACHC does on Capitol Hill in securing operating and expansion grants, health centers located in Wisconsin benefit from WPHCA’s work. Working with ViP benefits health centers through direct cost savings, and contributes to the work of state and national associations.
Henry Schein, Inc. (NASDAQ: HSIC), the largest provider of health care products and services to office-based practitioners, is a Fortune 500® company and a member of the NASDAQ 100® Index. The Company is recognized for its excellent customer service and highly competitive prices, serving more than 700,000 customers worldwide, including dental practitioners and laboratories, physician practices and animal health clinics, as well as government and other institutions. website: www.henryschein.com/chc
Is your Community Health Center currently utilizing Henry Schein, Inc.? Learn how ViP can save you even more money by enrolling into the program.
By law, every health care entity must self-select into a group purchasing program requiring that the organization complete an enrollment process. The enrollment paperwork includes the following:
- Customer Enrollment Form: This form captures client information (i.e., name of organization, address, class of trade, federal tax ID number, etc.) and generates a member number for client.
- Participation Agreement: Clarifies for client the terms and conditions of enrollment including that the health center understands they are being enrolled in a national GPO, that Provista and ViP may find and enter into agreements with vendors who discount their products and services to enrollees, and that Provista and ViP collect rebates/fees from vendors, etc.
- Authorized Distributor Form: This form identifies which distributor (i.e., Cardinal Health, McKesson/PSS, Henry Schein, or other medical distributor) the health center would like to access via ViP.
- Letters of Participation: Identifies which manufacturing contracts the client would like to align itself to in order to have access to requisite discounts.
Typically, from the day that the paperwork is completed and returned to ViP, the enrollment process takes 45 days to fully complete. At which point, the health center should see discounts for the products and contracts with which they’ve aligned themselves. Some discounts, depending on vendor, will be realized more quickly.
To learn more about the WPHCA/ViP Program and to help get started, please contact:
Katherine Brewer, MPH
Wisconsin Primary Health Care Association
Alex Vactor Toll Free: 1-888-299-0324
Executive Sales Associate
[o] 301-347-0400 ext. 4061